You might be able to use these when writing proposals to funding agencies. (They are pretty good for inpirational purposes also!) They are either available onlline or in our lending library in 224 Riddick Hall. Click each title for more information or the document itself.
Calls for Reform
- Engage to Excel: Producing One Million Additional College Graduates with Degrees in STEM, Presiden'ts Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, 2012
- Opening Up Education: The Collective Advancement of Education through Open Technology, Open Content, and Open Knowledge, Iiyoshi & Kumar, eds., (MIT Press), 2008. Highlights also available.
- Rising Above the Gathering Storm (National Academies), 2007 and Rising Above the Gathering Storm Revisited, 2010.
- Evaluating and Improving Undergraduate Teaching in STEM (National Research Council), 2003
- Bio 2010 (National Research Council), 2003
- Before It's Too Late! (Glenn Report, National Commission on Mathematics and Science Teaching for the 21st Century), 2000
- Transforming Undergraduate Education in SMET (National Research Council), 1999
- Shaping the Future:
New Expectations for Undergraduate Education in SMET (George Report, NSF), 1996
- From teaching to learning--a new paradigm for undergraduate education. Barr & Tagg, Change, Nov/Dec95, Vol. 27, Issue 6 with scanned in Chart 1
- Research Agenda for the New Discipline of Engineering Education Research (Journal of Engineering Education), 2006
- An Agenda for Research Action in Mathematics Education: Beginning the Discussion (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics), 2004
- Research Agenda for Computer Science Education (Psychology of Programming Interest Group), 2001
- PER-CENTRAL, physics education research's "homebase" on the web
- Engineering Education Student Resource, for graduate students in Eng. Ed. Research, but useful for anyone interested in the field
- Successful K-12 STEM Education, National Research Council, 2011.
- Enabling Engineering Student Success, Cynthia Atman, et. al., Center for the Advancement of Engineering Education, 2010.
- Transforming Science Education at Large Research Universities: A Case Study in Progress by Carl Wieman, Katherine Perkins and Sarah Gilbert, Change Magazine, March-April 2010.
- Information on Using Clickers in the Classroom, Colorado Science Education Initiative, 2010.
- Exploring the Intersection of Science Education and 21st Century Skills: A Workshop Summary, National Academies Press, 2010.
- Science and Engineering Indicators, National Science Foundation, 2010
- Successful practices (papers commissioned by the National Academy of Science)
- Developing Metrics for Assessing Engineering Education (National Academies), 2009
- Online Learning Meta-Analysis (US Dept. of Education), 2009
- Students Who Study Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) in Postsecondary Education (National Center for Education Statistics), 2009
- Learning to Reason and Communicate in College: Initial Report of Findings from the CLA Longitudinal Study, Arum, Raoksa and Velez (Social Science Research Council), 2008.
- Acceptance and Diffusion of Innovation: A Cross-Curricular Perspective on Instructional and Curricular Change in Engineering, American Sociological Association and the Center for the Advancement of Scholarship on Engineering Education, 2007.
- Seven principles for good practice in undergraduate education, Chickering & Gamson, AAHE Bulletin, March 1987.
If you would like to have additional information added to this page, please let us know!